Sunday 16 September 2007

My humble Suggestion .... MICROmarketing

I feel really bad about this ... but I was thinking ... perhaps I want to share my views with the rest of the world ...

Where shall I start. Ok ... I was a student ... decades ago and the problem about me and some of my friends was that no body knows where Malaysia was. Thanks to the new technology such as this and a lot of awareness among our leaders, the feeling of not knowing has changed.

However, as Malaysians, either being sent by the government or using FAMA as their sponsors, will be having problems with getting brochures from home to tell their friends about our country. I remembered about micro bankings. Lets take a while to understand this ... just to make us feel good about it.

We are now talking about MICRO marketing. Using our students and Malaysians abroad to assist tourism development in Malaysia. Having one or two or more offices in one country may not do the trick. We have our embassies in places where we have never heard of and they have the list of Malaysians residing, studying in these countries which we can use to help telling people about Malaysia.

Imagine, if we have 1000 students in the UK. If they are registered, this means that we have 1000 representatives of promoters for our country. If we have only 10 people working for our London office in Trafalgar Square, imagine how much boost it is for our nation if we can add another 1000 workforce to our nation.

These students do not need to work like our officers at London Office. When ever they have a party, school visits etc, they can take out some of the brochures from Tourism Malaysia and give them out to their friends, their teachers etc.

Hold on a minute ... can I get this patented? He he he .. MICRO marketing ... is a new thing now .. and I need someone to tell the ministry about it. HELP me.

Pura - whats next ... MICRO wave?

No comments: